Friday, January 9, 2009

Guest Cook presents: Truly Excellent Chocolate Chip Cookies


Today we have a guest cook presenting a recipe that I got from my mom years and years ago. The great thing about this chocolate chip cookie recipe is that it contains ground oats, so you can pretend it is good for you! Really, what else can you want? Chocolate Chip goodness combined with a feeling of virtue!

Truly Excellent Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Buttercup

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla (oh, please! be generous with your vanilla- a Tablespoon at least!)
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups oatmeal (ground finely; will be about 1 3/4 cups)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz chocolate chips

Whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add in the flour mixture and mix. Add your chocolate chips last.

Roll walnut-sized balls (or use your scooper!) and place on ungreased cookie sheet about two inches apart and back for 10-12 minutes. (10 minutes gets you chewy cookies and 12 minutes gets crisper cookies.)

There you have it...Truly Excellent Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Guest Cook note: Buttercup says you need to serve them with milk!

6 comments:

Clark said...

Having devoured several of these wonderful cookies myself with a glass of cold milk, I can attest to the fact that the guest chef did a wonderful job. I would prefer a few more be on the well done side, but I am not complaining.

Unknown said...

I want some YUMMMMMMMMM!!! I can smell the oaty, chocolaty goodness from here. I'm inspored I have a bag of chips in the closet, maybe I'll rally and back up a batch. Think I;ll have to use a more traditional recipe since My Dad and I ate all our oatmeal during his visit, but still Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Have you noticed i can not spell or type...at least i can still think.

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

hey there, I'm just curious,i found a comment from you on my blog and find you to be facinating but i don't know who you are. so i'm wonder as to how you found my blog.

momstheword said...

OOooh, now those look good. Yummy!

Charming said...

I want cookies!! :D Buttercup looks so cute!!