Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fabric Bins

I've been needing some more storage in our bathroom and thought fabric bins would be the ideal solution.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find bins I like.  While I was at Hancock Fabrics last week, I saw this fabulous fabric and thought it would be perfect.  (It wasn't, but that is a later part of the story.)
I love this fabric...it is so beautiful.
Isn't this fabric beautiful?  I knew it would make beautiful storage bins.

This was the second bin I made...it came together so quickly and easily.
I saw this tutorial for making fabric bins from Make It and Love It and I decided it was actually doable.  Honestly, it turned out to be a little more difficult than "beginner" level, but not so difficult that I was discouraged by it.  Once I'd made the first box (following the super terrific instructions), the second box was a breeze.

This is the larger bin...it is the size the tutorial makes.
It only took two evenings to get the boxes done.  I am really pleased with how they turned out and, once I'd finished the first box, I understood exactly what I needed to do to change the dimensions to suit my space.  Unfortunately, they just didn't look right in the space...darn it.

A different view of the first bin...I didn't put in a label pocket.
That's okay, though, I've already thought of an alternative use for both bins.  Even better, I found another fabric (a completely different style) that I'm getting ready to use for two more fabric bins. 

I just love, love, love this fabric!
So, what else can I do with this fabric?  I love it that much.  I'm racking my brains trying to come up with something I can do with it.  Do you have any ideas?

2 comments:

loveaphid said...

I just love that fabric too! Love the boxes as ell!

pam said...

I just love, love, love the fabric too!!! Thank you for sharing the fabric bins! I am always needing bins and these are so much prettier than cardboard boxes!!!

Have been MIA for a while - I love the new banner!