Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Meet "Bean"

Bean was abandoned the day she was born...the vet clinic received her that day, with her umbilical cord still attached.  After five weeks of vet techs bottle feeding her, teaching her to use the litter box, and various other aspects of nursing her to health, they gave her to us.  We brought her home a week and a half ago--the day she turned five weeks old.

She was so little when she was brought in, that they started calling her "Bean".  She responds to it, so we didn't think we should change her name, so Bean she is.

She's is too cute...she'll be 7 weeks on Friday.  She wrestles with the older kitties and she  ignores the dogs, so all is good.  Sometimes, however, she just gets so tired.  Today, she decided she couldn't make it all the way down the stairs without a little nap. 


So, she stopped and took a nap right where she was.  Come on!  Tell me that isn't cute?



So, for those of you trying to keep track, we now have Sam-I-Am, Ninja, Cajun, and Bean.  No more kitties for us...we're full-up again!

5 comments:

Carin said...

It doesn't get any cuter than that! Bean really does look like Bean. so cute!

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

What a cute story and bless you for taking in another kitty.

loveaphid said...

Hello Bean I'm Aunt K. I can't wait to someday meet you in person. I have to admit, I love the name Bean and it absolutely suits her. I know she will be huge, so its like naming a mastiff, "tiny" . Love it!

Serline said...

Wonderful that you have opened up your home to Bean. I'm sure she will bring you comfort and joy in the years to come...

Anonymous said...

We's all full up with one mouthy 14 year old. But With the kids moving out, I am done with furries. The guinea pigs are keeping me busy though. She's adorable, not much bigger than my piggies. I could put her in the cage and no one would be the wiser. Does she eat veggies and hay? My guess is she will outgrow that name pretty quickly once she starts running with the big cats.