Friday, July 27, 2012

Personalizing Camp Chairs and a Cooler (another Silhouette project)

When we were helping out for an all day event last weekend, I brought our camp chairs and a cooler, as I knew we'd be there for the long haul.  I personalized our cooler with vinyl before we left, but it wasn't until we got to the park that I realized I could personalize the camp chairs with heat-transfer vinyl.

Personalized camp chairs...
Here is the cooler.

The vinyl makes it easy to see our cooler from across the park.
I just wanted a way to pick out our oh-so-unique Playmate cooler from all the other Playmate coolers.  Adding our name was quick and easy and quite visible. I used "outdoor" vinyl (Oracle 651) to make the vinyl more permanent.

Pretty clear who these chairs belong to, isn't it?

The camp chairs are backpack-type chairs, so they have these nifty (and easily accessible flaps) that lent themselves to iron-on vinyl.  I was worried that the man-made fabric would melt, but it was just fine.  I think they turned out so well, I'm quite pleased.  I wonder if I can personalize our other camp chairs?  Hmmm...

Finally, to make you smile, I thought I'd show you how Beans beats the heat:

Looked over one day last week and saw that Beans had planted
herself right in front of the air conditioner vent.  Smart kitty!
Pretty smart kitty, isn't she?

More yard work and some back-to-school shopping...it was a productive day in the neighborhood!

No comments: