|Amazing Flourless Dark Chocolate Cookies with Mini Chocolate Chips!|
Flourless Dark Chocolate Cookies
Adapted from this recipe from Divine Baking
Makes approximately 24 cookies.
6 oz of Baker's Bittersweet Chocolate
3 large egg whites
1 cup powdered sugar (plus 1/4 cup for coating)
1/2 of Hershey's Special Dark cocoa
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat or spray your baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Melt the bittersweet chocolate in the microwave and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Whisk together 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, dark cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in bowl and set aside.
4. In medium bowl, beat your egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. Continue beating until your egg/sugar mixture looks like marshmallow cream. On low speed, add in sugar/cocoa mixture.
5. Add in lukewarm melted chocolate. Add in chocolate chip minis. At this point, your dough will start to stiffen as the melted chocolate cools. Don't worry about it!
6. Put your 1/4 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl and roll 1 rounded teaspoon (I used my small Pampered Chef scooper) of dough into a ball and roll in the sugar, then place on the baking sheet. Repeat and don't worry as your dough gets stiffer and stiffer. These cookies do not spread much at all, so you don't need to leave tons of room between them.
7. Bake until puffy and the coating cracks (approximately 10 minutes). Cool and serve.
|Don't they look fabulous?|