Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Review of lucy Perfect Core Pant

 I'm always in search of the "perfect" pants to lounge about in.  I'm particular.  I want them to fit well and I want them to wear well...I don't want them to stretch out too much and I don't want to be tight-tight (no muffin top, please). 

My last pair of leggings were from "Long Elegant Legs"  and they finally gave up the ghost after 12 years (sheesh!) and they don't make them anymore, so I had to find new ones.  After a lot of research into company's that made "tall" sizes (not so easy!), I finally found these Perfect Core Pants.  They are fabulous...I just didn't know that when I wrote the review they'd give me the option to have it post on my blog.  Oh well, I really do like them well enough to share them all with you.  The only problem?  They're expensive.  They are.  I'm really hoping I get 12 years out of this pair, too!

Originally submitted at lucy


lucy Perfect Core Pant

Love These Pants!
By Not Too Old to Care from Eastern Washington, WA on 2/27/2011
4out of 5
Fit: Feels true to size
Pros: Comfortable, Breathable, Warm, Allows Free Movement
Best Uses: Yoga, Cold Weather, Casual Wear
Describe Yourself: Gym Rat
Was this a gift?: No
I'm 5'10 and wear a 12-14 (not a skinny Minnie, but not bad, either). After reading about these pants, I thought they'd be what my have-had-three-kids-abs needs. My only concern was that the compression would be so tight they'd actually make me look chubby, so I ordered an XL. I'm sure I could wear an L, but they'd definitely be tight. The XL is not tight, but I can definitely feel the extra attention paid to the core and they do help me remember to pay attention to posture and keeping my abs tucked in. Honestly, I've been wearing these almost every day since I bought them. I wouldn't wear them to the gym for anything other than yoga, though, because I don't like long leggings at the gym. My only concern is comes from the evidence of pilling I'm beginning to see. I'll be bummed if they don't wear as well as I'm anticipating. Other than that? I'm buying the crop version for summer bike rides. Oh, P.S., I'm 47.

No comments: