Thursday, January 21, 2010

Prayers, please...

My dear friend, KM, has a young cousin who is facing some serious health challenges and is in need of your prayers. Mary has had Ulcerative Colitis since the age of two. Recently, they discovered she also has Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis, which is a chronic liver disease caused by progressive inflammation and scarring of the bile ducts of the liver. This little ninth grader has been in the hospital since November '09. Her symptoms have worsened, changed, and challenged the people who are dedicated to helping her. The doctors are struggling to get her weight up over 100 pounds and they can't get a handle on what is wrong with her. She can't keep anything down, even the most benign formula. They have been on a roller coaster of possible answers, possible fixes, heartbreak and hope.

I know it is easy to worry about brand new babies, but this young woman desperately needs your prayers. To read more about Mary and the battle she's fighting please read her Caring Bridge page.

Thanks.

7 comments:

Growing Up A Country Girl said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - I've been checking in our yours and your year long journey... thanks for posting about this young lady... Oh my gosh what a story! And what a unique very strong young lady! I will pray for her and her family - I did check out the caring bridge - isn't that a wonderful way of communication!

Tootsie said...

my heart breaks for this family...my prayers are there too

Marcelle said...

She is in my prayers...she is so so young and should not be going through this - my prayers go out to her family who love her as well.

onlymehere said...

I will definitely add her to my prayers. She is still so young to suffer with such a debilitating disease. Cindy

CaliGirl said...

Thank you so much (she types with tears falling on her face)...sniffle, sniffle! It's breaking my heart what they are all going through. It hits so much harder when it's your own family. I have cried over everyone else's babies over the year's and I know your post will make a huge difference for her with all the prayers the Lord will be bombarded with. ILY!!!!!!
PS - I love the new haircut!

DarcyLee said...

I, too, will be praying for this young lady and her family. Thanks for letting us know.

Alicia said...

I can't even imagine. I'll be praying for her, Erin.