Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Season of Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!

If you haven't ever watched Biggest Loser, you might think (as I did) that is just a show that makes fun of fat people. You couldn't be farther from the truth. I find this show so inspiring and am humbled by the contestants, even the ones I really decide I don't care for. As these people tackle the daunting task of losing hundreds of pounds of excess weight, they also tackle the issues that the weight is a symptom of. Through their journey, I'm inspired to continue my own.

If you're at all interested, you can read about this season's contestants here and the show will be on tonight on your NBC channel at 8:oo p.m. I know I'll be watching.

4 comments:

generationsgoneby said...

Should have watched that because the batchelor was a huge disappointment. He voted of the girl that would have been perfect for him, Elizabeth in favor of the one the producors obviously told him to keep, who is a LITTLE scary. They had Jilliand and Ed come back and even they told him to send her home. Not sure I want to watch this season or not. I thought he was going to be level headed and pick a real wife, but then he picked such airheads, I am wondering. There are a few gems in there, but I miss Elizabeth already. She was a fighter pilot out of D. C. Very mature. Very beautiful. Seemed like they would have hit it off, but I never saw them have one on one time. I think that may have hurt her in the end. Plus there were two Elizabeths. Jillian told him to keep Elizabeth, but she wasn't specific and I think he may have kept the wrong one. ;( At least in my opinion. Poor Jake.

Andrea said...

I watched a re-run the other day. I was impressed with the dedication of those who have so far to go. It is a tough road. I know...I struggle with weight.

Blessings, andrea

Darla said...

Am TOTALLY watching as I type.

Erin said...

Gens - I've never been interested in The Bachelor and your synopsis makes me understand why. Sigh. Andrea, I do, too, and their journeys inspire me. Darla, me, too!